Spring break is over and the kids have finished their first week back to school. Before they know it, it will be summer break.
They had fun for at least one day. They were invited by their cousins to go to the Great Wolf Lodge in KC, KS. It is a really cool hotel with an indoor pool (cool if you're under the age of 15). They went with Grandma Adrian and had a blast. Apparently my daughter was non-stop the whole time they were there. The question was posed to me, "Does she have an off switch?" The answer - no. She just has bedtime.
Zach is gearing up for his Solo & Ensemble competition on Tuesday April 1. (Zach plays viola.) We're not sure what exactly this is. I don't think it's the same thing that I participated in in high school. I'm sure he'll do great. He's made great strides this year and has come a long way in the sound he's able to get. I'm sure he'll do even better when we can afford private lessons. Gotta pay for the instrument first! Zach is also currently writing a concerto (for piano); I believe it is called the "Creepy Concerto". We are encouraging him to enter it into a competition sponsored by the University of Missouri. We'll see how that goes....
Abby is very excited about an upcoming field trip to the Shatto Dairy Farm on April 18. She very excited that I'll be accompanying her for this field trip as well. I still remember going to the Atlanta Dairy when I was in kindergarten (I think). Lots of fun!
Zach & Abby also begin their respective sports tomorrow. (Zach, volleyaball & Abby, soccer)
We had a wonderful Easter celebration at church. We had many guests and our music team, which Todd leads and I am a part of as well, did two awesome specials. There was a great energy in the church and 3 people were saved! Praise God! I'll have to see if Todd can get the songs for me to post.
We hope everyone had a great Easter and is enjoying the warmth of Spring (we're not quite there yet!).
Love to all..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment